The GreenHouse began in 1987 at Zion Lutheran Church, when Head Start needed a location to serve the community. A clothes closet and food distribution center was recommended.
Two cupboards and a closet snowballed into an expanded community service organization. The GreenHouse became a place to volunteer, donate, and contribute to the community. Churches, business and civic organizations participated.
When space became a problem the Greenhouse moved to our current site, became independent and changed our name to The GreenHouse Community Center.
During 2007, the GreenHouse expanded threefold, serving more than 1000 persons per month. This mission is made possible by volunteers who give more than 1,400 hours of their time each month.
The GreenHouse Community Center
W. 12 1st Street, Deer Park, WA 99006